Butterfly Gates for Pneumatic Conveying Systems
The Butterfly Gate controls gravity flow discharge from storage bins or hoppers.
Butterfly Gates are well suited for controlling air-only lines in pneumatic conveying systems. Multiple gates can be used in a vacuum system to select the destination receiver.
- Not suited for material line conveying applications, as the butterfly gate’s disc remains in the control opening when in the open position. (Refer to Coperion K-Tron’s diverter valve or knife gate.)
- Designed for applications up to 25 PSI with a temperature range of -10 to 180° F.
- 2" to 10" sizes.
- Epoxy-coated, cast iron body. Ductile iron disc with steel, phosphate-coated stem.
- One-piece, resilient EPDM disc seat and flange seals, FDA approved.
- Manual- or air-operated actuator.
- Single or double solenoid valve.
- Two DPDT or SPDT position proof switches for both gate positions.
- NEMA 4 or NEMA 7/9 enclosures.
- CE and ATEX certification available.
- Other sizes, materials of construction, and classifications available upon request.